Saturday, March 20, 2010

TH and F

Thursday night we had the marinated steak with escarole and biscuits (from twist packaging). Jesse requested the biscuits. I guess I should learn to make them from scratch, however, they are not good for any ones diet, so maybe I won't. Those cylindrical packages come in handy when you need them. Except I am always startled when they POP!

Last night Michael and I went to Dani's House of Pizza with Jill. We shared a carafe of wine (just Jill and I) and salad. I had eggplant casserole (surprise)(not really) and Jill had something new: Calamari ala Lucia, which is sauteed calamari in marinara sauce over whole wheat penne. It was really good and Jill says she found a new favorite. Michael had his usual also :) Grilled chicken breast over peppers and onions in marinara sauce (no pasta, no rice, no nothing). It's not on the menu, he made it up and Geraldo makes it for him.

I asked Jessica (the greatest waitress) if I could make something up that Geraldo could make for me too: Baked marinara sauce parmigiana. Sounds weird right? Not to me :) I don't usually want what comes under the sauce and cheese, I just want the sauce and cheese. So she said we can ask Geraldo to make it next time. Now I only have to remember that I wanted it :)

Today is GORGEOUS! Michael and Jill are out bike riding. Later Michael and I are going into Chinatown to wander around, take in the varied sights and sounds and smells, and then eat...maybe at Joe's Shanghai on Pell. Maybe not....

No comments:

Post a Comment