Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dinner with my Brother

Last night I had dinner with my brother at an Italian restaurant in Mineola called PastaVino.

The food was fine, but very average: Little meatballs in sauce (I thought the sauce was too sweet, and didn't eat the meatballs), Caesar salad (extremely average and American), Rigatoni ala Norma (yes, I order that a lot) nothing to talk about and Sole with spinach and potatoes (which Jack had and was better than the rest of dinner).

We finished with coffee and tea, no dessert. No need to go back and try it again.

Tonight I'll make the steak that's been marinating in my fridge since yesterday. A recipe from chef Michael Schlow's book It's About Time.

As you know, no cooking on Friday or Saturday.

Saturday, Michael and I may walk around Chinatown since the weather is supposed to be nice. I always feel like I am on vacation in Chinatown. The fish markets, vegetable markets, herbal stores, etc. sell so many extra-ordinary items that I am intrigued by. And of course there's always clams in black bean sauce at Wo Hop (upstairs) on Mott Street.

xo and enjoy the sun!

No comments:

Post a Comment