Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Oh Rice Balls

Yes, I ventured into La Cucina (a.k.a. THE BOOK) and made my first recipe yesterday.
Rice Balls from Sicily. I adulterated the recipe to my own culinary limitations, but all together I think it went well. Jesse and Michael both liked them. With the leftover meat, peas, cheese combination, I added a can of crushed tomatoes and made meat sauce. Michael liked it :)

As for restaurants, in the near future we are going to Dos Caminos (on Third Ave) with our very good friends Dina and Dmitry. A review will follow.

As for Forest Hills, the Little League crew seem to be drawn to Manor Oktoberfest of Forest Hills, which is located where PJ's Steakhouse used to be, next to Fast Break. They've been a few times and Lenny likes the appetizers and they all like the drinks. Not sure I'd go (German beer and wiener schnitzel are not my favorites). (Really)!

Jesse has off from school this week due to Regent's exams. He has only one tomorrow (US Government), please cross all your toes and fingers. He's not been home for dinner most nights, just out and about as usual. But tonight he'll be home and he wants his favorite, Penne ala Vodka like only his mama can make. I will oblige.....

1 comment:

  1. Lovely writing, Jan! Oh yes, special thanks for immortalizing Dina and myself in your blog!!!! Isn't it soooo cooool?!

    ReplyDelete