Saturday, January 23, 2010

Before I forget....

So we went to Barosa for my mother-in-laws birthday, and as I have said before, we have never had a bad meal there...until now. So, of course, we had 2 bad meals. Jesse had Penne ala Vodka (hard to screw up). It was congealed, semi cold, nearly no taste and pasty. I had eggplant parmagiana (also hard to ruin). It was piled high, breaded to the nines, loaded with packaged cheese. We sent both back (they were removed from the check). On the other hand (to coin a phrase) the calamari barosa was great, the chopped salad is my favorite, the potato croquet that came with Michael's scarpariello was perfect.

What can you do? I said to my mother-in-law when we came in that we'd not had a bad meal there.

How do you say Kunahorah in Italian?

No comments:

Post a Comment