Saturday, January 30, 2010

Did you see the Moon last night?

It was the closest to the earth it will be this year...additionally....we ate at My Moon last night too.

My Moon is my new favorite spot in Williamsburg. There was absolutely nothing negative to say about it, except that we had to eventually stop eating and leave.

Michael and I went there with our very good friends Jill , Lenny, and Judy.

I ordered all the appetizers (because I don't usually order an entree). We had: Shepherd salad (chopped cucs, tomatoes, red onion and parsley-we added feta. Tuna tartare (odd for a Turkish restaurant I will agree, but delicious all the same), it came piled on avocado and home made potato chips on the side. Steamed artichoke (as Lenny says "It might choke Artie but it won't choke Stymie") with beurre blanc on the side to dip (way yummy). Mixed olives, Humus, Caciki (Turkish tszatziki), Giant fava beans with tomato (my favorite) and phyllo wrapped around feta.

Dinner....was: Grilled salmon, chicken fricasse, braised pork belly and iskander kabob (beef and lamb). Everything was shared, everything was great.

The service was good, waiter (Sergio) was very friendly and knowledgeable (except they ran out of Turkish wine...strange).

The space is AMAZING and AWESOME. High ceilings, mixed media art work (for sale), wood tables, wood floors, brick walls, candle light, beautiful bar along the back wall, curved banquet seating made from reclaimed ship steel (including rivets). (Cool restrooms as well).

I CANNOT wait to go back.

They have the most beautiful outdoor seating area. CANNOT wait for the 1st of June (Judy's idea to go back and grab a table outside).

mymoonnyc.com

check it out.

xo

1 comment: