Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cockroach as Diet?

You bet your ass it is! Especially when you find one in your soup at lunch!

Denise and I met at Jade Eatery & Lounge in Forest Hills today for lunch. We ordered 2 glasses of cabernet, a spicy tuna roll, soup (yes, that was mine), salad, beef something (not mine) and pad thai.

I noticed something unidentifiable in my soup and upon further inspection, realized it was a roach. Lost my appetite immediately. Gave the spoon with the bug and the bowl with the soup to the waiter. He took the wine and all my food off the check (nice of him....). I watched Denise eat the rest of her lunch and we left.

Total time of new diet: 35 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yuk. I used to like that place too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. In hindsight, I should have put down my fork and asked for the check. I think I was startled by the whole incident and was not thinking clearly. My apologies to Jan. I will not be back either.

    ReplyDelete