Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spanakopita

Chicken Marsala on Monday was good.

Spanakopita on Tuesday was better.

First I sauteed onions in olive oil.

Then I mixed the onions with spinach, eggs, feta cheese, salt and pepper.








Then I layered and buttered and layered and buttered 8 sheets of phyllo (or filo, if you prefer) dough in the bottom of a lasagna pan, added the spinach mixture, then layered and buttered and layered and buttered 8 more sheets of phyllo on top.

Then baked and ate and shared with Jill too :)

Last night we went to Dee's with Denise and shared an Aphrodite pizza (mozzarella, feta, tomato sauce, spinach and calamata olives).

Tonight Barbara and Jennie are taking me to Sato for my birthday!

Friday night we are eating at My Moon with Joe and Denise!

Saturday we'll be at Glenn and Eileen's for a birthday dinner for me and Leslie!

Sunday we are visiting my brother at his new house.

So busy, so nice!

Rest is for the weary...which I will be next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment