Friday, November 4, 2011

Since Monday

Not a very original title for me, I know, but it still stands.

Monday night I decided on a new way to eat our veggies, not that we have a problem eating them the old way:  Garlic and oil on everything.  I felt that since the season has certainly changed to Fall that I would embark on a soup mission.  Soup is good in the Fall and the Fall is a good time for soup.  Win-Win.

This week I made Brussels Sprouts soup (would have worked even better with bacon-but what doesn't).  I made Gumbo (with roux and okra).  I made Broccoli and Cheddar soup (next time I will use extra sharp cheddar). I made Lentil soup (Trader Joe's has lentils already cooked and vacuumed sealed).

I have future plans for Borscht with matzoh balls (love those beets), Cabbage soup, Mushroom Barley and Cioppino (crock pot-I am thinking).

And, of course, our Thanksgiving standard and most yummy soup, Corn Chowder.

Warms me just thinking about it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment