Friday, November 18, 2011

Roberta's

Monday night we had leftovers (sauce, macaroni, Brussels sprouts, Greek salad).  Tuesday night I roasted a chicken.  Wednesday night we went to Roberta's (http://www.robertaspizza.com/) with Joe and Denise.  They had given me a gift certificate to Roberta's for my birthday and the inevitable argument over the check ensued regardless :)  We had:  Romaine salad with candied walnuts, pecorino and mint; Squash with pumpkin seed and aged Gouda; The Purple Nurple Pizza (I kid you not) - tomato, mozzarella, ricotta, parmigiano, eggplant and garlic and the Banana Hammock Pizza (still not kidding) - bechamel, mozzarella, parmigiano, pork sausage, banana peppers, garlic, onion and cilantro; and the Special Calzone with pesto, mozzarella, parmigiano, ricotta, prosciutto crudo and roasted red pepper.

EVERYTHING WAS YUMMY! Thanks guys!

Last night I was supposed to go into the city but the weather was so yucky that we canceled and had take out at home:  Eggplant parmigiana hero for me and Caesar salad with grilled chicken for Michael.

Today I am vacuuming, mopping and doing laundry.  Also making mushroom barley soup (golden, with chicken stock, not beef) and later Michael and I have haircuts, then we are meeting Jill and Lenny in Greenpoint at The Greenpoint Gallery (http://thegreenpointgallery.com/).  Their friend has an opening tonight.  Hoping for some drinks afterwards :) then home to a warm, cozy bed and some zzzzzzz's.

Next week is Thanksgiving and of course my order for Fresh Direct delivery has been in for 2 weeks already :).  I have the delivery on Wednesday morning, then prep and bake all day so we can do the turkey right on Thursday. 

Most importantly though, is that Jesse is coming home Tuesday night!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait till our boys come home! Say hi to Jesse for us...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete