Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Contemplating

I was at a funeral yesterday and I was listening to all the loved ones who spoke.  I paid careful attention to her children because she was a mom and I wondered how they would eulogize her.  Her daughters were eloquent and gracious and VERY sad.  It got me thinking what would be said about me at my funeral.

No religious gobbly-de-gook please.  I'd rather be cremated and taken home than buried.  Please play Gimme Shelter by the Stones and There Comes A Time by Neil Young. (In case anyone remembers).

So...I wondered who would speak and what they would say.  I wondered if my cooking would be mentioned, or my restaurant reviews or my holiday dinners. I wondered how I would be remembered.  Not morbidly, just curiously. 

hmmmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. There will be so many people who love you there it will hard to get a word in edgewise....
    Barb

    ReplyDelete