Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Week and the Weekend

This past week I've made pizza and salad (totally homemade crust with fresh mozzarella); baked chicken breasts with Brussels sprouts and ziti with eggplant.

Friday night will be a mystery :)

Saturday night the Creutz' and Carbones are coming for dinner.  We will be eleven at the dinner table.  I am making:  Pork Roast covered in garlic then wrapped with bacon, seared and then  roasted with pearl onions and baby carrots in white wine.  Accompanied by:  Sauteed broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, red pepper flake and bread crumbs, Greek Salad and Baked Potatoes.  Dessert is home made cheesecake (I will make that on Friday) with strawberries and freshly made whipped cream. 

We will begin with a coffee table full of bread, cheese, olives and wine.

Boy, I hope the evening turns out all right after the hype I just gave it...

1 comment:

  1. Well? How did it turn out? Where are the pictures?
    Barb

    ReplyDelete