Thursday, April 14, 2011

In Ithaca, Again

I have been in Ithaca since Sunday afternoon, visiting with our family and Jesse too!! I am coming home tonight on the bus and will get back to my routine as soon as possible.  Hard for me to be away (surprise) even though I love being here.

So, Saturday night turned out very well.  Our friends were so happy to hang out with us and we with them! The roast was NOT ruined, the cheesecake was NOT ruined either.  I thought they would both be dry, but somehow the fates smiled upon me and all was well.  The veggies were yummy especially the carrots and pearl onions that roasted along with the pork roast.  It was a really great evening with special people and Michael and I are thankful that we can welcome friends and enjoy time spent with them!

Since I have been in Ithaca, I have not been cooking at all.  WOW, how unusual you say.  Yes, it is, but nevertheless...I did some raking in the yard, some laundry-a washing machine and dryer right in the basement-how marvelous, some cleaning, etc...Mostly I was just here for Jesse :)  However, Margo made a birthday dinner for Chrysalis last night and we had chicken pot pie (way yummy-i even ate the chicken which was organic and I watched it being cooked from start to finish) and Brussels sprouts.

The night before, Chrysalis, Jesse and I went to Viva a Mexican place right off the commons.  Super good!  Eating in Ithaca is always a treat.  They have so many good restaurants with so many vegetarian choices that I almost don't know what to order.

I am coming home today to see my honey!! I am sure I will be cooking again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment