Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Since December 10, Where Have I Been?

Well, we had our tree delivered (Thanks Joe). We decorated the tree and wrapped gifts for underneath.  We filled our stockings (and those for the cats too). Jesse came home for the holidays! I finished Christmas shopping.  I did more laundry than humanly possible. And then I got sick. I feel better today, Thank heaven, because there's still so much to do and I have no time to feel poorly.

I've made:  chicken cutlets, teriyaki steak, roast rack of pork, chicken soup, orecchiette with chicken sausage and spinach, four cookie sheets of Old Bay wings for the Creutz' annual ornament party. 

We went to the Creutz' for their party and it was GREAT fun.  We came home with wonderful new ornaments for our tree and we did it in an honorable style without stealing from anyone (even though that is always done in the spirit of the game). We went to the Shapiros for dinner and to see Michelle in her first stage production of "13."  She has joined a theater group and I am sure we will see more of her on stage in the future. 

Christmas Eve, unfortunately, will not be the same with the Wisners who will be in Costa Rica (lucky devils), but The Figliolias will join us and that is great!!  We will have:  Bread, cheeses, olives, red pepper skordalia with fried ravioli for dipping.  Dinner is:  Balsamic chicken with cippoline and fingerling potatoes, string beans,  ziti (with no ricotta-Ian's fav) and Caesar salad. Dessert is:  Cheesecake and chocolate chip cookies.

...and to all a good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment