Thursday, May 13, 2010

Yesterday

Last night one of my most favorite family members appeared on our doorstep :) Our niece Chrysalis came for a visit!

Before she came, however, I made dinner. I had planned on my mother-in-law joining us, but she wasn't feeling well, so we went on without her.

I made French onion soup. The crouton/bread was very good. Baguette sliced thickly, spread with boiled garlic (always keep some in the fridge) a bit of olive oil and toasted in the oven 'til crispy brown.

Greek salad and turkey burgers with more garlic, Tillamook cheddar, horseradish sauce (mayo, horseradish, lemon juice and pepper) on brioche rolls (only Jesse eats the bread) and crispy shoestring onions that I fried in canola oil 'til golden brown, then spread on paper towel. The natural sugar in the onions caramelizes as they cool and the onions become super crunchy and sweet. Sorry no photos.

Tonight may be pasta with spinach, maybe white beans and tomatoes too. Just what Chrysalis and I like.

Have a sunny day! Warm days may be coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment