Monday, May 17, 2010

Up For Grabs

Friday night Michael and I tried a place we've never been, La Bella Cucina on Juniper Valley South. We sat outside. We had a stuffed artichoke, fried calamari, brick oven pizza with cherry peppers and garlic, fresh fruit and espresso. Everything was averagely good. The sky turned a beautiful blue and some stars came out. That was the best part (aside from being with Michael).

Saturday, after we looked at wood flooring samples (entire apt. flooded in April), I went into the city, wandered around a bit, had a pretzel, looked in all the store windows (Prada, LV, etc), walked through Central Park, came home. For dinner, Michael and I went to Dani's. Had our favorite soup-stracciatella-and eggplant parm, chicken with peppers and onions and spinach on the side. Terrific!

Sunday we went to our friend Leslie's house. It was her daughter's birthday. They have a really nice house with a beautiful, park-like yard. Always good food, good wine and good friends :)

Tonight was boring. I made chicken cutlets with string beans and garlic on the side. I ate salad, then a handful of Milk Duds. Diet of champions...

Tomorrow night, I am meeting my brother for dinner along with our most longtime family friend, Sue. We are going to Circa Enoteca in Mineola.

The rest of the week is up for grabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment