Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Busy Week

Yesterday afternoon, while I was home waiting for the handymen to change our a/c filters, I decided to try my hand at foccacia. Didn't work out so well for me. I made one batch of dough, tried changing the second one (since the first portion was a failure) but that didn't work either. So they both went in the garbage. I will try again in the future. I am trying to make a lighter, more airy crust for Grandma pizza. The experiment will continue.

For dinner I made mushroom and truffle ravioli (purchased at Fairway) with mushrooms and onions in cream sauce and escarole on the side. No photos :(

Tonight I have two meetings back to back, so no cooking for me.

Wednesday my mom-in-law may come for dinner and I was planning French onion soup, salad and burgers with crispy onions and horseradish sauce. We'll see what happens.

Thursday is up in the air, but I have string beans I must use or they will die.

Friday is a no cooking day, as you know.

Saturday I should be in the city at the Gallery Walk (Madison Avenue from 57th to 86th) and Sunday we will be at Leslie's for Isabelle's 13th birthday party. Always good food, good friends and good wine there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment