Friday, February 12, 2010

First Time Polenta

There's a first time for everything and last night was my first time making polenta. Michael has mentioned his curiosity with polenta at various times over the years and eventually I get around to everything, so last night was Polenta Night.

The recipe came from THE BOOK, of course, and as usual I played with it based on my culinary Americanism (or vice versa), however, it was a success.

Lenny liked it too. The Wisners get to be guinea pigs when I cook, hopefully, that turns out well for them :)

To the polenta I added parm-regg and hot Italian sausage, then baked it. The recipe says to bake "until golden brown" no time is given, mind you. Took about 45 minutes.

Tonight is pizza (I am not cooking and I LOVE pizza). Tomorrow is My Moon in Williamsburg with Dina and Dmitry. Sunday is Valentine's Day and anyone who knows me will not be surprised to hear that Michael and I are going to my favorite store FAIRWAY (in Red Hook) to go food shopping :).

Before that, however, we are checking out EGG (http://www.pigandegg.com/) in Williamsburg for breakfast.

Details to follow.....

Have a lovely Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment