Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Belated Valentine's Day

Tuesday night was our belated Valentine's Day dinner with Denise and Joe and Penny and Joe. Going out on Valentine's Day is a nightmare no one wanted to endure. We went to FINO in Bayside. Tapas, wine, and good conversation with good friends.

The food was really good. Scallops with mushroom risotto was the best (in my opinion), garlic shrimp, salad, carmelized onion soup, grilled baby octopus, rigatoni with chicken and skirt steak (I may have left something out) were all good. The sea bass left much to be desired and the lemon and chocolate desserts were nothing to talk about.

They also did not have the wine I was looking for. It must be me! Maybe I should BYOB and pay the corkage.......

Tonight I made chicken marsala (Emeril's recipe). It was a big hit with Michael and Jesse (I know it's crazy that I taste the sauce, but won't eat the chicken-maybe not so crazy for me.....). Michael took a picture for my blog, click the image for a larger photo.

Tomorrow is grilled steak with horseradish sauce (made from scratch from the root itself).

The weekend looks bleak food-wise. One of my best friend's dad just passed away, so I will be with her and food will not be on my mind. However, I found myself making escarole and white beans today. One of my absolute favorite foods, and as it turns out, one of Barbara's dads favorites too.

xo,
Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment