Saturday, February 6, 2010

(aged).

Spur of the moment, my friend Barbara and I went to (aged). for dinner last night. A steak house, you ask? Well, I'd been there before with Denise for lunch so I knew they had a varied menu. Why I ordered the same for dinner as I had for lunch I don't know, however, it wasn't great.

The French onion soup was a BOWL OF SALT. Not so unusual for me to eat, as I love salt and it is a food group in my home, but......this was overdoing it even for my taste buds. Next I had Caesar salad, which is almost always fake in restaurants these days and last night was no exception, but it was palatable (I'm not sure that's a positive review of food).

Barbara ordered the (aged). sampler plate appetizer as her main course. The tuna was good, the crab cakes were good, the chicken was flavorful-Cajun-but dry and chewy, the steak tidbits were tough, but the mushroom bruschetta was good.

One the positive side, the walnut raisin roll in the bread basket was really good, the wine was decent but you don't the vintage or vineyard. They offer types of wine by the glass with no discerning factors (Cabernet or Merlot or Shiraz...).

The service was pretty good, which is a great improvement, as all the reviews of this restaurant when they originally opened were negative concerning the service. Last night even the manager, in his suit, was clearing plates.

As I mentioned, they do have a varied menu, including pasta, chicken, fish, etc. so non-steak eaters may enjoy as well.

Of course, the main event was sharing friendship and conversation so it doesn't really matter where we were or what we ate.

I would go back and order something different from their Entree menu, but probably not for a while. My fingers need to lose their swelling from all that salt :)

1 comment: