Friday, January 13, 2012

Alice's Teacup

This is what happens when true New Yorkers try to make a reservation for a girls brunch on a Sunday at Alice's Teacup: 

Ok so the reservationist called me back, to let me know that if we want the reservation we should be aware we are REQUIRED to use the Mad Hatter Tea Service, which is for two people and is $37 each - meaning that since we have an uneven number one person will just have to have this tier that's meant for 2 people. Also, they wanted me to leave a credit card number over the phone, I assume there would be a charge if we didn't show up.


I hate to do this to you guys last minute, but I am not going to go. I am so offended by how difficult they make everything, and I don't believe I should need to follow this many rules just to get a scone. Who do they think they are? I may never go there again, but DEFINITELY never on a weekend. If you guys would still like to go, you can because you would still have 8 without me. The reservationist's number is 734-4832, her name is Gabriella, and if the reservation still exists (I just old her I'd have to call her back and hung up on her) it would be under the name Nina.

How fucked up is that?  Imagine how tourists are treated? I am surprised that there are three locations open for business in the city with this behavior.  By the way, this debacle occurred after trying to make prior reservations when we we were told we didn't have enough people for a reservation, then the reservationist was not there and a message would be left, then we could only be accommodated at 81st Street.  As my sister in law said "What're they on mushrooms or something?"

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with your readers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe this whole thing is an intentional part of the Alice's Teacup experience, and they want us to experience authentic Victorian class dynamics and exclusion. That's what I'm hoping anyway

    Occupy Alice's Teacup!

    ReplyDelete