Friday, March 18, 2011

Spring on Sunday

It will be the first day of Spring 2011 on Sunday March 20. I have seen the forsythia buds and I am ready for warm weather!! I am making a prediction that warm weather (expect for today) is not yet here. Don't put away your winter coats yet.

Since yesterday was St. Patrick's Day I decided to make corned beef, even though Michael doesn't like it (he did eat it, however). It was mildly successful with the addition of baked potatoes and sauteed broccoli. We each had a beer :) Michael had an Innis & Gunn and I had (no it wasn't Coors Light, I know I fooled you all) Red Stripe.

Jesse came home last night and even though I am under strict instructions not to write about him or even mention his name on this blog, I just wanted (needed) to say that I am thrilled to see his face!

Wednesday night, Michael and I went to Dani's and believe it or not they had no eggplant. I always get their eggplant casserole, and now I had to switch dinners...so I had my second staple Baked stuffed shells. Apparently, unbeknownst to me, there has been a freeze of sorts in Mexico and the eggplant is not growing. Who knew?

Tonight we are going to Tratttoria L'incontro in Astoria with Joe and Denise and Monica and Tom. We are celebrating Denise's and Monica's 50th birthdays (well that's out there now-sorry). I have heard about this restaurant from Jennie and from Jill, all good things, so I am excited to see for myself. Thanks to Joe for choosing the restaurant!

Tomorrow night, we are meeting Glenn and Eileen and Debbie and Joe at Scotto's in Westbury. We were fans of Scotto's restaurant when Michael lived in Great Neck (about a hundred years ago) and we were also married at their Westbury Manor. They don't take reservations for under 7 people, which pissed me off, but we decided to meet at the bar and drink until a table was ready. And that was no problem :)

Have a nice weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment