Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's a Tie

It's a tie between my two favorite "restaurants" in Forest Hills. One is Denise's house-she is an amazing cook, and the other is Dina's house-equally good. So hard to decide, but I am lucky I don't have to choose and I get the pleasure of eating at both their homes!

Last night we went over to Dina and Dmitry's. We brought wine (Cantina Zaccagnini Montepulciano d'Abbruzo) and rugalech from Bonelle's Pastry shop on Ascan Avenue.

Dina made: Roasted beets with crumbled goat cheese; pimientos de padron (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma_htnz6Cmk) you can watch how they're made; cheese plate with salami and quince along with 4 Spanish cheeses (manchego, iberico, garrotxa and la serena-other than the manchego, I am guessing at the others because we couldn't figure out the names); mixed olives; pepperdew peppers; eggplant tahina; marinated Asian mushrooms;
sauteed shrimp; Spanish pork; roasted potatoes; roasted asparagus; two kinds of bread and I am sure I am missing something but I can't remember :)

Everything was totally yummy! The conversation was great and the company too! We even got to see their son Andrew home on Spring Break from Binghamton. That was a special treat!

Who knows what's on tap for this evening...but tomorrow we are going to the Shapiro's and bringing Iavarone stuff (yum) and I am sure Lori will make something great!

No comments:

Post a Comment