Thursday, August 26, 2010

One More Day in Ithaca

I am leaving Ithaca tomorrow. But today, I have one more day in Ithaca.

I love spending time with our family up here...with their friends...with the environment...with Wegmans (god I love that supermarket). I have been there every day since I've gotten here :)

Yesterday, Ryan and I shopped for his bbq, then he went to court to fight a parking ticket and Chrysalis and I prepared his food. We made: Greek pasta salad, pesto pasta salad, veggies on skewers, turkey burgers and marinated tofu.

Later I cooked it all on the grill along with veggie burgers (from the package) and all went well. My first experience grilling. Lots of firsts for me up here :)

His party was fun and all his friends are sweet and cute and they laugh a lot. I left about 9 with Chrysalis to go to Uriah's birthday party at his parents home. That was fun too. His family is great. His grandpa was in construction and built the Fairfax Bridge and Washington Bridge, among many other things. Very interesting man. His grandma is funny and witty and great to talk to. His mom and dad are welcoming and warm. It was very nice to be included.

After they played canasta (I watched, what do I know about card games?), we went downtown to Madeline's for bourbon night (Leslie's dad would have loved it). I had cabernet (party pooper). They have a wide selection of single malt scotch too.

Today Ryan and I are shopping for his last minute items (toiletries, backpack, etc.). Tonight maybe we'll go see Sim Redmond on the Commons. And tomorrow is home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment