Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Marinara

First attempt at fresh tomato sauce went pretty well.

Set a pot of water to boil, collected tomatoes, basil (also from Margo's garden), garlic, salt, olive oil. Blanched each tomato for about 20 seconds and the skins were really easy to peel off. Then scooped out the seeds, cut up the meat of the tomato and added them to the pan of chopped garlic sauteing in olive oil. Cooked it down, added salt and pepper and some more olive oil.

Served over rigatoni, it was good, flavorful but a bit sweet for me. I left it to cook down more and when Margo came home it was a better thickness.

Tonight Ryan is having a going away bbq and he has asked me to help. So whatever he needs I will do for him :)

Tomorrow Chrysalis wants Frenched Lamb chops with rosemary. I will try to make them on the grill which I have never done, but I think they'll be really good that way. And I will probably make Ryan his creamed spinach too (from fresh spinach with heavy cream etc).

Hoping Jesse is having a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment