Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Today, Tuesday

On Saturday, Michael and I went to Ethan's Bar Mitzvah. The party was at Burton and Doyle Steakhouse. The food was really good. During cocktails JUMBO shrimp, baby lamb chops, tuna tartare, crab cakes and chicken on skewers were passed on trays. Sushi was presented in giant boats set on the bar. Todd Wolfe (and his band) played. They were great as always. Dinner was your choice of filet mignon, grilled salmon (I had mine nearly raw-yummy), chicken (I can't remember how it was prepared, and I don't think anyone ordered it-steakhouse-remember) and grilled marinated skirt steak (Michael thought it was great). All accompanied by potatoes (didn't eat them) and creamed spinach (could have eaten a gallon-but didn't). Dessert was fresh berries with real whipped cream and red velvet cupcakes. Coffee was excellent. Bloody Mary's really good too. Cabernet (my 3 glasses) was really good. DJ played, people danced, got henna tattoos, played blackjack (1 table set up with Lizzie as dealer), had photos taken and put on your choice of backgrounds, key chains, etc.

I came home and collapsed. Slept until 9:30pm. Woke up, ordered pizza and salad from D'Angelo's on 108th Street.

Sunday, I did laundry. I kept expecting it to rain, as I have for the past 7 days, since that's what the weather forecast has predicted. But they have been wrong most days, and it poured for a minute, then the sun came out. Michael was at the fields.

Dinner was marinated, grilled chicken cutlets and escarole with garlic and tomatoes (which became escarole, garlic, tomatoes and white beans for me).

Monday was rigatoni with broccoli, garlic and oil.

Today, Tuesday I am not cooking. It is the night of my last SLT and PA meetings (EVER). Not quite sure how to feel...happy, relieved, sad, nostalgic...all of the above. Jesse is graduating and I guess so am I.

Jesse's senior prom is Wednesday night at Chateau Briand On Old Country Road, then overnight at the "after-prom" house in the Hamptons. No school on Thursday for Brooklyn-Queens Day and senior barbecue on Friday. Monday 6/14 is the last full day of classes. Then Regents, then graduation, then GET A JOB for god's sake :)

Saturday will be our 27th anniversary of dating. Seems like yesterday at Charlotte Beach on Lake Ontario 6/12/83 when Michael and I first met. Maybe we'll be at the beach here.

No comments:

Post a Comment