Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Oak and Oar

Busy and not so busy weekend.

Friday night there was a barbeque at the Little League fields. Turkey burgers, hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, devil dogs, etc...:)

Saturday, I wasn't ever sure what the weather was doing, so I napped most of the day (yippee! really!). In the evening, we went to Oak, Wine Bar and Cafe (www.oakwinebar.com) in Williamsburg with Jill and Lenny. We sat outside (fantastic) and had: Polenta with goat cheese and wild mushroom truffles, garlic shrimp, salad and butternut squash soup. Then we had: Gnocchi with gorgonzola and walnut cream sauce, seared scallops with orzo, oranges, grapefruit and arugula salad, drunken baby ribs with mashed potatoes. Ohara's Irish Red beer was really good, and so was the bottle of Chianti. For dessert we had: Tiramisu and I can't remember, but it was all GREAT and the service was great too. It was our second time there, first time with Joe and Denise.

Sunday we went to the beach for a few hours, quickly showered, sat in traffic and finally arrived in Patchogue for Sarah's dance recital, which was surprisingly really good (of course, Sarah was great, but I was referring to the other dances). Then we had dinner with Glenn and Eileen at The Oar (www.theoar.com) on the water in Patchogue. We had: Fried calamari and tuna tartare. There was schmutz floating in my wine glass, so they brought me another. For dinner we had: An Oar Burger, Swordfish, Tuna and Penne ala Vodka. Dessert was a hot brownie with vanilla ice cream and again, I can't remember the other one. I must be getting old....

Monday was a full day at the beach. Finally...relaxing with my toes in the sand...Dinner was egglant parm hero, veal parm hero and a pizza pie from Dani's. What could be better?

The best part of the weekend was sharing it with friends!

Today is a busy "Polikoff Home" day or should I say "Jan Day": Dry cleaners, post office, food shopping, laundry, make dinner (possibly, and this is a first for us, breakfast for dinner-blueberry buttermilk pancakes and Nodine's smokehouse bacon-I have been planning that for breakfast for so long, that I think I may just have to do it tonight).

Today is also Joe and Denise's baby boys 18th birthdays! All our love to Bobby, Ian and JoJo.

Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment