Monday, December 5, 2022

Hey There Friends

 Hey there friends.

It's been years....seriously...2020 was the fucking worst.  Couldn't go out to eat for so long, thought I'd collapse. I did cook a lot and worked from home most of the year, but I cannot say that makes up for sitting and being served. 

Now, however, I am RETIRED. Last day of work was Wednesday November 30, 2022 and I am beyond THRILLED to be home.  

Call me crazy, I like to be home: cooking, laundry, projects, reading, movies, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO Max and Paramount+.  Movies for me all day and International series all night, or vice versa, makes no difference.  

Recently Michael I spent a few days (maybe 2) brewery hopping.  Our favorites are Finback Queens (Finbackbrewery.com) and Grimm (Grimmales.com) on Metropolitan Avenue.  We also frequent Evil Twin, Wild East and Talea. Shout out  to the best bar tenders Bailey, Marcus and Ian.  Lest we overlook a great and happening bar in Queens called Bierwax (Bierwaxqueens.com) where the BEST cocktails are made by Rudy and the bar is tended by Ariel.

Since I retired I've made a few dishes that are family favorites: 

Getting prepared for Feta Spinach Wraps

The finished product

Also, 
Brie Cranberry Bites (leftover brie and homemade cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving)

 And: 

Roasted Brussels Sprouts with onion, garlic and balsamic glaze
Pappardelle with mushrooms, onions and cream sauce
Romanian Meat Borscht with short ribs and matzoh balls

So happy to be home and hopefully writing here more often about food, friends, bars, restaurants, etc...

PS:  Follow me on Instagram if you'd like @Jandonna

No comments:

Post a Comment