Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Recently...


Happy Bull Pizza is a pop-up operation run by one guy named Felix who comes to 2 of our favorite breweries: Finback Queens and Grimm.  He has a varied menu, and can make something not on this menu if he has the time, and the inclination LOL.  This is the margherita, and if you are trying ANY pizza ANYWHERE for the first time, please get the simplest.  That way you can truly judge the smell, flavor and texture.  If you like it, move on to variations.  This margherita is wonderfully crispy, yet perfectly chewy.  The sauce and cheese are mildly salty and just right.  The bottom is always cooked through. No weak spots.  Dough is hand-thrown for each pie you order!

Michael's favorite bake of mine are chocolate chip cookies (sometimes with other chips ie; espresso, white, Heath). This week I decided to make my favorite (which I make and eat less than once a year) shortbread.  I added espresso chips for an interesting change.  




Grilled chicken marinated in olive oil, rosemary and thyme (both growing in pots on our terrace).  I roast cherry/grape tomatoes in the oven with a head of garlic covered in olive oil, salt, pepper and pepper flake from our friend Steve (who grows his own, then dries them and crushes them). You cannot compare this to dried packaged hot pepper.


Pork stir-fry with julienned veggies and couscous.  Marinated-thinly sliced pork, carrots, bean sprouts, scallions.


Everyone's favorite, pappardelle with mushrooms and onions in cream sauce.  I think there's a video on here somewhere of us making ravioli with the mushrooms and onions inside...


Chicken cacciatore. Needs no explanation :)



YES, I am retired and I spend my time MY WAY, which includes cooking whatever and whenever I want.  It's dreamy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment