Thursday, January 17, 2013

Quickly...

Received my second vegetable share and this one came with beans too (separately ordered). I got organic black beans and pinto beans, one pound of each.  Black beans are cooking on the stove as I am typing this.  I added: Jalapeno (from my summer garden), green pepper, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, can of organic roma tomatoes and two containers of organic chicken stock. It should simmer for about 4-6 hours. Yum!

I have also recently made: Farfalle with peas in a pink sauce and salad when Joe and Denise came for dinner and ham, macaroni and cheese and salad when Jill, Lenny and Brett were here for dinner. 

I made split pea soup and used the ham bone. I also pureed it in the pot with my new hand blender Michael gave me for Christmas.  Worked really well.  I also made a pot of straciatella soup.  Seems soup-like weather lately.

I will be in Ithaca soon for a few days. Keep warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment