Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Loss

No, this has nothing to do with losing food, although that would be sad too.

Last week Glenn and Eileen's dog Edward died.  He was a twelve year old black Lab, and without a doubt, the best dog in the entire world that I ever met (aside from my own, PooDell, who I loved from when I was 5 years old to 21, and their former dog, Franklin).  Okay so that's three world's greatest dogs, but who's counting.

Eddie was my friend. I brought him treats or a bone or toys every time we visited the Creutz'.  He jumped and ran and brought me dishtowels and shoes to show his appreciation. 

He was gentle and warm and loving.  He was fun to play with and snuggle up to.  He loved to go to work with Glenn at the golf course and run around and eat from the dumpster...and throw up.  When Michael played golf, Eddie would ride in the cart with him.  He loved Jesse and Jesse loved him right back.

Emily and Sarah grew up with Eddie and he was a best friend to both of them.  Eddie-Ed had a great life and he made everyone else's life great too!

Bye Eddie-Ed.  I love you and miss you.


No comments:

Post a Comment