Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Yummy Dinner

Last week I made a very yummy dinner (if I do say so myself).  Homemade turkey chili, cornbread and Brussels sprouts:

Turkey chili was:  sauteed onion and garlic, dark meat ground turkey, small red beans (as opposed to larger kidney beans) drained and rinsed (can't stand that yucky thick juice stuff), can of stewed tomatoes, splash of Rao's marinara sauce, and two heaping tablespoons of my homemade dry adobo.

Cornbread was:  Michael Chiarello's recipe, yet altered.  I used chopped jalapenos instead of his damn hot peppers, grated parmigiano instead of asiago and regular corn meal instead of very fine.

Brussels sprouts were:  rinsed, halved, tossed with chopped Trader Joe's bacon ends, tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasted in the oven.

I made a big pot of sauce (gravy) yesterday.  I browned boneless country pork ribs (cut into smaller pieces), added chopped onion and garlic with two cans of crushed tomato, red wine, salt, black pepper, fresh snipped oregano from my garden and fresh snipped basil from Steve Shapiro's garden.  It simmered all day.

Chicken cutlets, roasted chicken, rice, broccoli and salad have also been staples this summer. 

I am going to see Michelle Shapiro in her summer showcase (musical arts) tomorrow, then we'll have dinner with them.

Saturday is a party at the Gandiello's for Joe's 50th and Diana's high school graduation!

Sunday is a BBQ at the Brennan's!

Maybe I'll cook some more next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment