Monday, March 5, 2012

Amore!

I cannot believe I almost forgot to talk about Amore Pizza on Stratton Street in the Pathmark Shopping Center in Flushing.

It is the best pizza in Queens.  Sorry Dani's - we love you to no end, but Amore's taste is more to my liking.  Dani's pizza slices are really large and good, but there is a sweetness to them that is not my favorite.  Amore, on the other hand, has smaller slices, but they taste just like pizza did when I was a kid.  It's amazing how a certain taste can bring back the warmth of your youth (and there wasn't much of that in my youth, so I am glad I found Amore).

We've been several times, but as it's not in our neighborhood nor on our radar, we don't frequent it that often.  Yesterday Michael and I shared 3 slices and I took an eggplant parm hero home for dinner.  The hero was average, but the pizza is amazing.  I hope I remember it next time I am nearby.

No comments:

Post a Comment