Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday

Saturday night we went to Glenn and Eileen's for pizza (from Emilio's).  It's GREAT! And Sunday we spent at Leslie's for the Super Bowl...3 foot hero, chili with rice and fixin's, crudite, dip, guacamole dip, bean and corn salad, olives, cheese, roasted peppers, hot dogs with sauerkraut, chicken wings (many assortments-all homemade).  And of course, NY won so that was good, even if it wasn't the Jets.

Monday night I made the best meatballs I have ever made.  Now truthfully, I don't make good meatballs so it is relative.  But here's what I did:  1/2 pound of ground dark meat turkey, 1/2 pound of ground sweet Italian pork sausage, 1/4 onion chopped, 4 garlic cloves chopped, 1/4 cup parsley chopped, 1 egg, 1/2 cup of bread crumbs soaked in milk, a few tablespoons grated parmigiana, salt and pepper.  I made meatballs, put them on a rack over a cookie sheet and baked them in the oven for 40 minutes or so.  Then I added them to the sauce I was already making on the stove (2 cans crushed tomatoes, 1/2 onion chopped, 4 garlic cloves chopped, 1/4 cup parsley chopped, oregano, salt and pepper, red wine).  That cooked for a few hours and the sauce was great and the meatballs were great.  Good taste and texture.  Michael came home from work the following day saying he was thinking about having a meatball all day :)

Last night was arroz con pollo, but the brown jasmine rice would not soak up the liquid, so I added more and more (broth) until the rice became al dente.  The taste was great, just a bit crunchy :)

I am glad Michael is my food tester.

No comments:

Post a Comment