Friday, October 8, 2010

Our Boy is Home!

Jesse came home yesterday! It was so good to see him and hug him. The 3 of us ate dinner together for the first time in 6 weeks. Chicken cutlets, chicken parm, spinach with garlic and oil and ziti with Rao's sauce.

More dinners planned for while Jesse is home, but we'll see how many come to fruition :)

As for last week (sorry I haven't updated, I kept forgetting to ask Michael to add the focaccia photo-so I didn't post it till late)...Saturday Michael rode his bike to Steve and Lori's and we had cheese and olives and bread and baked garlic and wine, then dinner was pork chops and salmon on the grill with a side of salad and cauliflower puree. Everything was Great!! Steve let me pick some hot peppers from his garden which he told me to wash, de-seed, cut up and freeze for future use. So I did.

Sunday was the Austin Street Fair which Michael and I walked and we bought pickles from The Pickle People (yum). Michael picked up Dani's later and we ate with the Wisners.

Monday night I made ginger shrimp: saute shrimp in olive oil, add ginger preserves and lime juice, top with fresh parsley.

Tuesday was supposed to be turkey meatloaf, but we went over to Denise's so Michael could fix a computer problem and we ate Dee's pizza and salad that Denise picked up for us :) thanks!

So Wednesday night was turkey meatloaf (I had pizza again) after Michael and I went suit shopping-unsuccessfully. But he will try again.

The weekend is open, I may cook, I may not. We'll see what unfolds now that the boys are back in town...

No comments:

Post a Comment