Saturday, October 2, 2010

Focaccia

Well, after three tries, I think I finally got it right, or nearly right. I made focaccia on Friday afternoon. Michael, Jill, Lenny and Brett were the usual guinea pigs/testers. They all approved!

Next time, I'll experiment by adding more onions and garlic, or also trying the focaccia as a pizza crust.

Friday night we went to Barosa with Jill and Lenny and Steve and Sue Boyle. We had our usuals: Calamari Barosa, chopped salad, stuffed artichoke. Michael had chicken scarpariello, Lenny had veal francese, Steve had veal Marsala and Sue, Jill and I shared seafood fra diavlo over linguine (I ate half a lobster tail). After all the appetizers, I cannot eat a meal. We all shared wine, dessert and coffee too. It was a very nice evening, made even nicer by Jill and I walking home. There is nothing like a good walk after a big meal.

Today, Michael is riding his bike to Wantagh (to Steve and Lori's) and I am driving there.

Have a nice weekend, before it rains again...

No comments:

Post a Comment