Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My First Break

Brian Karp, owner of Press 195, posted a comment on my blog. Woo Who! It was very exciting to know that someone other than my friends and family read my blog :)

Jesse said "Isn't that a milestone for you?"

Last night I made dinner...for myself. I cannot remember doing that in recorded history. I made what I call Rigatoni Salt. It's rigatoni with a light marinara sauce that I add sauteed, thinly sliced pitted calamata and manzanilla olives as well as non-pareille capers (no salt is actually added, because you don't need any) :) Michael was at a golf outing and Jesse was just out.

Tonight I am making dinner for us and the Wisners. They have had their apartment floors replaced with gorgeous wood flooring, but the effort they put into moving their furniture, packing, unpacking, etc...was heroic. So they are getting help with putting stuff back and dinner.

Dinner is: Chicken cutlets, Risotto Bianco (from Michael Chiarello's Casual Cooking)and Peas with butter. Red wine and Pellegrino to drink and no dessert. The only ones who can safely eat dessert are Brett and Jesse (because they are so thin). So we are going to avoid it if we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment