Wednesday, September 18, 2013

50 was a great Day!

I spent my 50th birthday with Michael.  It was a great day!

Of course, I woke up around 10:30am.  Sleep is the best! 

We went to Cabana (http://www.cabanarestaurant.com/originalcabana_m.html) on Austin Street for lunch.  We sat outside in the beautiful sunshine and had mojitos, ceviche, tostones and jerk chicken.  Flan and cafe con leche and iced espresso finished the meal. 

We went out to dinner too :)  We were at Cipriani's (http://www.cipriani.com/en/services/restaurants/harry-cipriani) at 7:15pm.  For some reason, unknown to myself, I have always wanted to eat here.

Let's check this one right off the list. While reservation through open table was honored and service is average, food is also average. 
Bellini was good. Can make better (and way cheaper at home $18.95 are you kidding me?). Prices are outrageous, not high. We had to ask for our water glasses to be refilled more than once. 1/2 a roasted chicken for $38. Please! It's not as if the quality warrants these prices either. 
I had cannelloni. It was good. Michael had a burger, it was good. We shared the beet, string bean and goat cheese salad, it was fine.
The hike to the ladies room, through a door, across the lobby of the hotel, down a flight of stairs, past the health club. Holy crap I was exhausted by the time I got there. And the worst, on the way there and the way back not one waiter stepped out of my way. They all pushed past doing their best to look busy. I had to get out of their way. Disgusting service for such an establishment. 
Don't waste your time. Next time I'm 50 I'll go elsewhere :)
 
Afterwards we went on a horse and buggy ride through Central Park.  The moon was bright, the clop-clop of the horse's hooves was great to hear and sitting with Michael was the best! 
 
All in all, a great 50th birthday.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment