Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Spa Nordstrom

This review is for Spa Nordstrom, not the store in general.  Firstly, there is no manager.  That's a problem going around lately.  Secondly, they are barely accommodating to their guests.

Last year my husband gave me a Spa Nordstrom gift card for Christmas.  I made my appointment, was early and was kept waiting past my scheduled time. I was led into the spa room, given a robe, undressed and then led to a small alcove for a foot soak and a beverage (tea or water).  They put a warm wrap around my neck and shoulders.  Not 3 minutes later, I was whisked out of the chair and back to the spa room.  Not very relaxing.  The massage was good, not the best, but far from the worst I've had.  A 3 star massage.  Afterwards, I wanted a quick shower to rinse off the oil so I wasn't a greasy mess in the store and the mall.  But no, why should a supposedly upscale spa like this one allow their guests to clean up.  But wait, they do.  But only if you've had certain services.  I guess a $100 massage doesn't count.  Maybe they don't mind their guests leaving greasy and trying on clothes in their dressing rooms.

So, this Christmas, my husband gives me another Spa Nordstrom gift card because he knows I love a massage and it's been a stressful year.  This time I figure I will help myself.  I call to make an appointment and specifically ask if I can shower afterwards.  Of course, I was told no.  There isn't any time for a shower.  Funny that there is time if you pay for a different/more expensive service.  It was decided that I could forgo the foot soak (hardly a miss since it was only 3 minutes) and that time could be used for a shower at the end.  Again, no manager in sight.  Maybe they should make their appointments 5 minutes longer to accommodate their guests, maybe not.

I mulled over this situation for several days and decided to drop the whole affair.  I cancelled my appointment this morning and I will use the gift card for extra Christmas presents.  And then we'll be done with Nordstrom.  I can certainly spend my money elsewhere and get better service.  I was fooled by their reputation, but they don't live up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment