Friday, May 17, 2013

Eli's Vinegara Factory and The Lobster Joint for Mother's Day

Mother's day we picked up Chris (Michael's mom) and took her to Eli's Vinegar Factory on the UES.  The store downstairs is chock full of wildly expensive food and kitchen items, but fun to walk through.  The restaurant is upstairs and absolutely nothing to talk about. 

The host is a short, round, snooty man.  Immediate turn-off.  The atmosphere (well, there isn't any).  I had a mimosa and eggs Florentine and a cappuccino (I was sick to my stomach later-so needless to say, I would never eat here again).  Michael had an omelet and Chris had blueberry pancakes.  The presentation (well, there wasn't any).

Pass it by.  But the time spent was just fine.

Afterwards, we dropped Chris at home and made our way to the beach.  Michael hooked up the water supply, etc...Then I decided I wanted lobster.  Couldn't really locate anywhere special near the beach (as odd as that sounds) so we went to Greenpoint to the Lobster Joint.  It's great!  The other end of the spectrum from Vinegar Factory. 

Food is amazing.  Beer selection is good, atmosphere is shore-like and servers and customers are friendly.  I had the New England lobster roll (slight mayo, all lobster) with chips and Michael had the Connecticut lobster roll (warm with butter).  We shared fried calamari and some Alagash White.

Lovely end of Mother's Day (even if I missed having Jesse with us).

No comments:

Post a Comment