Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Parkside

Tuesday night I went to Parkside (http://parksiderestaurantny.com/) with Sue.  Sue was one of my mom's best friends and a part of our family my entire life.  We haven't spent time together in a while so it was really  nice that we went out together.

We shared arugula salad, a half carafe of red and a pistachio profiterole.  Wine was iffy, salad and dessert were good.  For dinner Sue had veal picatta and I had escarole and white beans over linguine (not on the menu, but they made it for me just the same).  Decent food, average service (although water was replenished frequently).  It was crowded all through dinner and even more crowded when we left.  Parkside continues to be a staple of the neighborhood.

Tonight I made turkey chili and tomorrow is chicken soup.  It feels like winter, so winter food is on the menu.  Hopefully I can begin to cook on the grill on my terrace sooner rather than later.  We do need sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment