Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spring, Will it Ever Show Up?



Has this winter been sooooo long or is it me?  I can't get the chill out of my bones and I am longing for warm sunshine!

Easter is this Sunday and we always go to Glenn and Eileen's.  Such a special treat to celebrate and share delicious food with our close friends (Framily).  Glenn makes lamb soaked in garlic on the grill and the smell is amazing.  Tonight, as is our annual ritual, Michael and I will go to Ferrara's (http://www.ferraracafe.com/home.php) to pick up Easter Bread for Sunday.  Afterwards, we have a reservation at La Paella (http://www.lapaellanyc.com/) on East 9th Street.  Review to follow :)

Recently I've had Tom Yom soup from Asian Bowl on Queens Boulevard twice.  I ask them to add tofu and they do and it's pretty good.  The vegetable spring roll was so small it was cute, but not worthwhile.  Their Pad Thai wasn't too great either, but I am willing to try other things.

Michael and I were at Cronin and Phelan last week.  I usually order their Shepherd's pie, but changed to roasted turkey dinner instead.  It was yummy.  A bit salty (but I like that) and the gravy had the right color, consistency and flavor!

We've been to Oktoberfest on Yellowstone also.  Went with junior high school friends to hear a  band called Jagged Edge (good and fun) and had dinner too.  Pastrami Reuben, Caesar salad..just what you'd expect.  Fine for what and where it is.

A few weeks ago I was at the Tenement Museum on the Lower East Side and afterwards we ate at Congee Village (http://www.congeevillagerestaurants.com/restaurant-village.php).  It is a staple New York Chinese restaurant that I've never been to before (odd, I know).  I've passed it often and somehow thought it was Vietnamese (not that it matters).  Anyway, got there at just the right time, huge line when we left.  Food was good, place is decorated in Chinese kitsch and servers are average.

And lastly, but certainly most importantly, announcing our new grandson CLAYTON:






No comments:

Post a Comment