Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cooking and not...

So I've been cooking, and not...

Michael and I have been to The Village Grill, Joe's Shanghai and The Blackwater Inn.  The grill is on Yellowstone Boulevard near the Little League fields.  We had gyros and soup.  Average, nothing to write home about, certainly not overflowing like Fontana, nor as tasty. But local and easy to sit and eat and leave.  We went to Joe's Shanghai in Flushing with Jill and Lenny.  Soup dumplings of course; just pork and pork and crab; young chow rice; pork and string beans in black bean sauce and prawns and scallops in garlic sauce. Yum! And because we went early, we just walked in and sat down...priceless :)  Michael and I also went to The Blackwater Inn last week (used to be called The Old Brog) on Metropolitan Avenue.  Beers; shepherd's pie and chicken Caesar.  Their shepherd's pie used to be better, but you can walk in and sit down. 

Lately I have a thing about waiting for a table. Pisses me off.

Jesse is home and I have also been cooking:  Chicken soup, chicken cutlets, shrimp in a garlicky marinara over linguine.  Tomorrow is pork roast with sauerkraut; salt potatoes (small white potatoes, boiled in a pot of water with a TON of salt) and Brussels sprouts.

Saturday is Glenn and Eileen's annual ornament exchange party and I am bringing Old Bay wings.

Sunday I am doing nothing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment