Thursday, November 29, 2012

During the Week

Since Thanksgiving, and leftovers and pizza and Chinese food...which all seem to go together every year somehow..I have been cooking.

One night was rigatoni with peas in a pink sauce that I made by cheating :)  Sauteed onions and garlic in olive oil, add Rao's marinara and heavy cream, salt and pepper and stir. Yum!

Another night was stuffed pork chops:  Bone-in thick pork chops, sliced open to make a pocket.  I made stuffing first:  Sauteed onions, carrots, celery, garlic, apples, fresh sage, rosemary and thyme added to...a box of Stove Top stuffing for pork :) and chicken stock.  Stuffed the stuffing in the chops, browned them in olive oil, salt and pepper on the stove then finished them in the oven.  By the time I was done, I was in no mood to make a vegetable, so I didn't.  Michael ate one chop and saved the other one and I had soup.

Turkey chili with jalapeno cornbread was another night.  I use my own dry adobo for the seasoning in the chili along with ground turkey, crushed tomatoes, onions, garlic and small red beans half crushed, half whole.  The cornbread is from a Michael Chiarello recipe that I adulterate.

Lastly, I am going out tonight to see Barbara's niece Katie play guitar and sing somewhere in Manhattan so I will not be making dinner.  However, Castillian garlic soup is on the menu for Friday night. Not sure I will make anything else though...

No comments:

Post a Comment