Monday, June 4, 2012

Homemade Buffalo Chicken Calzones

I found a recipe for calzones while Jesse was away at school.  I asked him if he would like me to make him some when he came home and he said yes, but he wanted Buffalo chicken calzones.

I bought a bag of store made pizza dough, cut it into three pieces, rolled them out to small circles (or a variation of that shape).  The stuffing was made of chicken breasts, onions, garlic and Tabasco Buffalo sauce.  I put the breasts, sliced onion and smashed garlic on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.  I drizzled olive oil all over everything then added salt and pepper.  I baked all at 350 degrees for 1/2 an hour.  I put it all in a large bowl and chopped it up with poultry shears (god they come in handy).  I spooned a third onto each piece of dough, then added shredded mozzarella.  I oiled the edges, folded them in half and pinched them closed.  I brushed egg wash over the tops and baked at 350 for 15 minutes.  They looked beautiful and Jesse came home from work and devoured one!  With a little blue cheese dressing on the side, they are a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment