Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Our 22nd Anniversary

On Saturday for our 22nd Wedding Anniversary, Michael and I along with Jesse and Chrysalis went to El Quijote (one of my absolute favorites).  Not so much for all the food, but for the staff in their tuxedos, the statuary of Don Quijote over the bar, the decor which has not changed since they opened their doors 80 years ago!  The front room is my favorite, but on occasion, I will settle for another room.  I love the bar also (surprise).

We got a spot on the street (which included the obligatory u-turn by Michael on 23rd Street) and didn't even wait for a table.  We ordered:  A pitcher of red sangria (yum), grilled baby squid (yum), garlic soup (yum), prosciutto and melon, Arroz con polo, shrimp with garlic sauce, 1 1/4 pound broiled lobster, lobster meat out of the shell with white garlic sauce on the side (all yummy).  It was just perfect!

Then we walked to Eataly and once again I loved it.  So did the rest of our crew.  Jesse has offered to drive back to the city anytime just to buy the prosciutto (aged 24 months) again!  Chrysalis made a gift bag for her friends and Michael bought me a $15 chocolate bar filled with whole hazelnuts. More perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment