Thursday, January 6, 2011

Brennan and Carr

Michael has been watching Man vs. Food on TV lately and...of course...we have to go check out his newest discovery :)

We went to Brennan and Carr (http://brennanandcarr.kpsearch.com/df/default.asp) last night. I drove into Brooklyn to pick up Michael from work and he drove us to Brennan and Carr. They are famous for their roast beef sandwiches (me eat roast beef?) well, yes I did! Not so happy later, but not so bad either. We each had a double dip, which is a roast beef sandwich on a hard roll. First the beef is dipped in the au jus, then put on the roll. The the whole thing is dipped again in the au jus. We even had juice on the side, along with onion rings. I had 2 Bud lights on draught ($2.50 each-wow) and Michael had a Corona and a diet coke! We brought sandwiches home for Jesse and he was happy!! No ambiance to speak of, a bit pub-ish but cool nevertheless.

Next on our list is L & B Spumoni Gardens, also in Brooklyn, but Lenny says they have an outside so summer seems better. They are famous for their Grandma pizza, and I CANNOT wait.

This past week I have made shrimp saganaki with Greek salad and Reuben roll-ups. The roll-ups are made thusly: Take egg roll skins and lay Swiss cheese, corned beef and sauerkraut in the center. Roll them up, closing the sides as you go along so nothing drips out, and lightly fry in canola oil. Dip in mustard or Russian dressing. Jesse was very happy! I liked them too :)

Tonight I made chicken cutlets, veggies with garlic and oil and also borscht with meat bones (no actual meat).

Tomorrow is a snow day, so they say...I am making a big, fat Italian dinner with meatballs, sausage and braciole in a pot of sauce with broccoli rabe and salad and rigatoni. Red wine (Chianti) and garlic bread too. Dessert is caramel cheesecake I made this afternoon. Hope the Wisners will be happy :)

Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment